Egypt & Jordan Tour
Best for: Longer Journeys, River Cruises, Historical, First Time Visitor
This two-week suggested itinerary is privately-guided tour can, of course, be tweaked and changed as you wish. You begin in Cairo, Egypt’s bustling capital city. Firstly, explore the Pyramids, Egyptian Museum coupled with the colourful souqs and bazaars of Old Cairo. Fly to Luxor, known as Thebes in ancient Egyptian times, and home to the iconic antiquity such as the mesmerising Valley of the Kings. After you land, board your four-night Nile Cruise. We can also offer you a wide variety of different ships to choose from, depending on the style and budget. Later that afternoon, explore Karnak and Luxor Temples.
The next day takes you to Valley of the Kings, home to the many tombs of the pharaohs. After that, you then set sail down the Nile, stopping at the temples of Edfu and Kom Ombo en route to Aswan. Here, you explore the particularly striking Philae Temple before spending two nights in Aswan so that you can have a few days of mid-tour R&R. You can also opt to visit the temples of Abu Simbel. You can fly down and back in the morning, and those guests who visit are particularly impressed.
Drive to Petra, via the spectacular King’s Highway, seeing Madaba, Mt Nebo and the crusader castle of Kerak en route. Later that evening, enjoy Petra by Candlelight. This surprisingly moving experience always impresses guests.
Spend a day in Petra, with your private guide exploring this magical site in detail. The next day, head to the desert of Wadi Rum for a night under the stars in a luxury desert camp. This is a particularly wonderful experience.
Finally, conclude your trip on the shores of the Dead Sea, with two days of R&R before flying back from Amman.
- Unquestionably, one of the most historically interesting twin-centre holiday
- Spend two nights in Cairo to see the Pyramids and Egyptian Museum
- Take a 4-night cruise down the Nile to explore the undeniably amazing wonders of Ancient Egypt
- Afterwards, spend two nights of mid-tour R&R in Aswan
- Explore Amman, such as the amazing Roman ruins at Jerash coupled with a walking tour of the city
- Visit Petra, unquestionably a highlight of any tour of Jordan
- Spend a night in the desert of Wadi Rum
- Finally, spend two nights of R&R on the Dead Sea