Best for: Cultural & Immersive, First Time Visitor
Bhutan is one of those destinations that sparks such fascination, partly as so few tourists have been lucky enough to visit this wonderful destination. It has retained its own unique Buddhist culture, national dress and amazing architecture, and a gentle private tour through the country can be totally tailored around your interests, whether you like to get out and about on a day-walk, or just like to soak up the culture and enjoy the views.
You will have your own private guide throughout, and also a private vehicle and driver so you can explore at your own pace. We will always check to see if a festival is running around your dates. We have topped and tailed this suggested itinerary to Bhutan with Nepal as it has great connections internationally, and the flight from Nepal to Bhutan passes Everest on the way. You can of course access Bhutan from Thailand, India and Singapore if you so choose.
- Visit the major highlights in Bhutan
- Climb Tiger’s Nest Monastery in Paro
- Visit the impressive Dzong, or fortified monastery in Punakha
- Take easy-going day walks to experience the rural charm of Bhutan
- Have a private driver and guide throughout to ensure the experience is second-to-none