At a Glance
- Superb resort located on the banks of Lake Pichola overlooking the City and Lake Palaces, built in the style of the Rajput fort
- Really expansive grounds, with over 50 acres to walk around in
- Superb rooms, the pick of which have a pool running in front of them and views over the lake
- Excellent facilities and fabulous service as you would expect from the Oberoi Group
- Has won ‘World’s Best Hotel’ a number of times
Many guests tend to end a tour of Rajasthan in Udaipur, and as such are looking for something utterly relaxing, and this is what Udaivilas is all about. It is located just around the lake from the main town, yet set within its own huge expansive grounds affording some of the best views of the lake and the city. The aim was to create a hotel that reflected the old Rajput palaces old, yet have rooms and facilities that were simply world-class. The rooms are delightful, with the Premier Rooms looking back over the verdant gardens and on the other they look over the lake and have an interconnecting pool in front of the rooms (Premier Rooms with Semi Private Pool). The bathrooms all come with indulgent roll-top bathtubs and separate showers, and the overall fixture and fittings are superb, with a slightly traditional, colonial feel. We heavily suggest upgrading to the rooms with a view, and with the added benefit of the pool that runs along the front of the rooms. The Suites then have their own private pools, and even more living space.
There are three restaurants offering a range of international cuisine; Suryamahal which is located inside, Chandni which is located outside with views over the lake and Udaimahal offering fantastic India speciality cuisine. Udaivilas has a superb spa, a large swimming pool (27 metres long) and a fitness centre.