At a Glance
- Small lodge located outside of Bandipur, a charming town about an hour’s drive from Pokhara
- Perfect if you want to get more off-the-beaten track as this area sees almost no tourists
- Great views of the three mountains: Manaslu (8,156m), Annapurna (8,091m) and Dhaulagiri (8,167m)
- Comfortable, yet simple rooms
- You can walk onto the Seti River to raft down to Chitwan
Three Mountain Lodge is unique in that you find yourself completely off-the-beaten track in an area where few trekkers have reached. This means you can head out on a day walk and have the destination very much to yourself. There are two charming villages you can explore, and we can take you to the house of a retired Gurkha soldier. The views from the lodge are sublime, and the rooms have a private balcony or veranda to ensure you don’t miss it. To get to the lodge, drive to Bandipur, a charming Newari village that doesn’t allow vehicles in the centre ensuring it has retained its medieval spirit. It is then a three-hour walk up to the lodge, with the last 30-40 minutes being fairly steep. If you don’t have your trekking legs with you, we can of course drive you up, although it will be very bumpy. For those who like mountain biking, you can also cycle up. For those wanting to then head down to Chitwan National Park, you can walk down to the Seti River Camp the next day, which takes about three to four hours followed by a leisurely raft down to Chitwan. Rooms are all en-suite, and have comfortable beds, but they are simply furnished.