At a Glance
- Located in the far north of India, Ladakh is beyond the rain shadow so does not get affected by the summer monsoon, meaning the best time to go is May to late September
- A collection of village houses dotted around the rural villages of Ladakh
- Immerse yourself in unique experiences from walks to meeting the locals and visiting Buddhist monasteries.
- The houses are only ever taken exclusively meaning you will likely be the only tourists in these areas
- A Millis Potter favourite!
Shakti Ladakh is one of the most incredible experiences that you can find in India, and unique in that the best time to travel to Ladakh is from the beginning of May to the end of September. Shakti have taken over a few rooms in remote village houses and fully brought them into the 21st century, with 5* beds and indulgent en-suite bathrooms. The joy is that they are only ever taken exclusively for your party meaning that you have this amazing destination to yourself. The houses are located in the villages of Stok, Shey, Nimmu, Likir and Igu and itineraries are tailored depending on how much you want to see and do, or whether you want to get even more off-the-beaten track such as in Likir or Igu. Whether you like meeting local monks in Tibetan Monasteries, walking through the stunning scenery, or sitting in gardens looking at the view, it is all tailored around you. Throw in a team of guides, porters and cooks and you have the chance to see much a vividly authentic glimpse into this magical corner of India, whilst being able to return to a comfortable room at night. To many, this is luxury travel defined for the 21st century; exclusive and utterly mesmerising.