At a Glance
- Perfect for a first or last stop on a tour of Burma
- Nearby Bago is a really interesting place to explore
- It can continue on to see Golden Rock
- Just 15 classic rooms that are pretty simple, but perfectly comfortable\
- Lovely freshly made Burmese meals
Being so close to Yangon, you can easily stay at Han Thar Gardens to end your tour of Burma, or begin your tour at a leisurely pace.
Bago, once Pegu, was once a capital of Burma until it was relocated to Ava, outside of present day Mandalay in 1634. The vast Shwemawdaw Pagoda is certainly worth seeing, as too the Shwethalyaung (Reclining) Buddha and the Commonwealth War Grave nearby. You can explore the local villages and markets which will give you a chance to see this pretty rural part of Burma.
There are just 15 rooms at Han Thar Gardens, and it is set beside lovely countryside and -paddy fields. There is a pool at Han Thar Gardens, and they showcase delicious Burmese cuisine. The Superior and Deluxe rooms are air-conditioned and have a simple, classic design. The Grand Deluxe Rooms are larger, with high ceilings and a balcony and are located in the main building.